Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gifts of God - June 24

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord. Send me. ...

"For if the eagerness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has - not according to what one does not have" (2 Corinthians 8:12).


All that I have is from You. And all that I am is for You. My life is no longer my own; it belongs to You and You alone. So align my mind with Your thoughts, my heart with Your desires, my words with Your voice, my feet with Your steps, and my hands with Your mission.


And every gift that I have - spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, financial, relational - is from You and for Your purposes. So let me be eager to share the gifts You've given me, however You lead me. They're not for me; they're for You and for those You desire in Your wisdom and love to touch through me and my life and these gifts You've given me. We serve, as an expression of Your love, with whatever gifts You've given each of us to express Yourself through our lives in those unique ways (1 Peter 4:10-11).


You've given me much, and by the same measure You expect much: "For everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded" (Luke 12:48). But above all, what You expect of me is to entrust myself completely to You. Then You will guide my thoughts and desires in the ways that honor You with all that I have and all that I am. "The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good" (Luke 6:45). And Your Spirit with Your heart is the Good Treasure in my heart (1 Corinthians 3:16).


I need not have all gifts, and certainly don't. And I need not be jealous or envious of the gifts of others, nor prideful or selfish of those You've given me (1 Corinthians 13). But those I have are to be fully dedicated and consecrated to You, as I seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness. You are the Source of anything of any worth that I have; and all that I have, I've been given to give away - with Your heart as You lead (James 1:7).


So here I am, Lord; send me. Here I am, Lord; use the gifts of my life for the glory of Your name. "It is not longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). Now all by Your grace, let my life reflect my prayer and my actions reflect my words. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may God's anointing and favor be upon you and all the gifts He's given you today, for you to give to others with His heart as His hands in this world (1 Corinthians 12). Thank you for praying that for me. God bless you!


Please contact us if we can come alongside you or your church or your community in serving God with the gifts He has given us of "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" to the glory of the Father, in the name of Jesus, by power of the Holy Spirit. And please prayerfully consider joining with us in your prayers and financial support in fufilling our calling and vision -Tommy Hays, Messiah Ministries

Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute