Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Ho, Everyone Who Thirsts, Come" - June 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close by Your Spirit into the deep communion of prayer as I start my day centered in You. ...


"Ho, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you that have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for that which is not bread, and you labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear and come to Me; listen so that you may live..." (Isaiah 55:1-3).


O God, make me hungrier still - hungry for Your Bread of Life. Make me thirstier still - thirsty for Your Living Waters. Forgive me for when I've tried to fill myself with those things that will never satisfy my hunger or quench my thirst. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear all the ways I've settled for a morsel in the starvation of my spirit when I could have had a meal in the fullness of Your Presence.


I thank You that in the flash of a moment, I am forgiven and free of every false fulfillment. In the twinkling of an eye, You restore my soul and realign my focus. The truth is You care more about my intimacy with You than I do. You're always here, calling me near, drawing me close. So humbly I come. Hungry I come. Thirsty I come. ...


You're the One Who gives me this holy hunger for more of You. You're the One Who gives me this holy frustration with anything less. And in the wisdom and way Your Spirit is guiding my heart, I want nothing less than the fullness of life You have for me. So, I incline my ear and listen for Your voice. ...


And it seems I hear You say: "My son, I am here. I am not far from you, nor from anyone. I've created you with this hunger and thirst for Me. It can never be satisfied in anyone else or anything else. Only Me. I don't condemn you for seeking to be satisfied in other ways, but in the mercy of My grace, I do convict you and call you back to Me. Because I love you and long for you, just as I have put this longing for My love in you. ... Ho! Hear My voice. Ho! Answer My call. Ho! Come to Me. And you will be filled."


Yes, Lord. Here I am. Here I come. As You have said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). Yes, I will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Thank you! for joining with me in this journey of prayer, Morning by Morning, seekig to begin each day centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. With this morning prayer devotional, I try to start each day simply looking to God and listening for His leading, watching and waiting with an expectant heart for where the Holy Spirit will lead me. Then I share it with you, as you journey on with Him. Please feel free to pass these on to encourage a friend.


I'm enjoying the final days of my vacation with some personal time at Moravian Falls in the North Carolina mountains. I'd appreciate your prayers for renewal and revival of my soul, with a passionate hunger for more of God and clearer focus to fufill my calling and destiny in Christ, personally and as I lead Messiah Ministries. I pray for your spiritual hunger and passionate pursuit of Christ as well! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy