Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Let Her Be the One!" - September 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my King, my Lord, and my Savior.  ...

"Abraham said to his servant, the oldest of his house, who had charge of all he had, '... go to my country and to my kindred and get a wife for my son.' ... Then the servant took ten of his master's camels and departed, taking all kinds of choice gifts from his master; and he set out and went to Aram-naharaim, to the city of Nahor. He made the camels kneel down outside the city by the well of water; it was toward evening, the time when women go out to draw water. And he said, 'O Lord, God of my master Abraham, please grant me success today and show steadfast love to my master Abraham. I am standing here by the spring of water, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. Let the girl to whom I shall say, 'Please offer your jar that I may drink,' and who shall say, 'Drink, and I will water your camels'-let her be the one whom You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. By this I shall know that You have shown steadfast love to my master Abraham.' Before he had finished speaking, there was Rebekah..." (Genesis 24:2-15).


Abraham sent his most trusted servant to find a bride for his son, Isaac. Father God, You have sent Your Holy Spirit to prepare a Bride for Your Son, Jesus. And Father, I believe, Your Spirit has been moving in my heart to desire a bride for myself. Perhaps it's out of my own desires or my own needs-to have a trusted companion in the journey, a faithful partner in my ministry and family, a best friend through the everyday challenges and celebrations of trying to live a life of radical faith and fulfillment of the calling and destiny You sealed into my heart. Even so, You care about my desires and needs. But I believe You're the One Who's put these very desires into my heart to fulfill a calling and destiny I can't fulfill alone.


Abraham's servant prayed for a quick work. And as he saw Rebekah, he cried out in prayer, "Let her be the one You have appointed for Isaac!" And when I saw Sylvia, I believe with all my heart it was Your Holy Spirit crying out in my spirit, "Let her be the one You have appointed for me!" And I believe with all my heart You are the One Who set my eyes on her, as fixed as the sun. I believe You are the One Who stirred in my heart to court her and pursue her until I could hold her in my arms as my bride and never let her go. Isaac fell in love with Rebekah the moment he set his eyes on her and without delay "brought her into his mother's tent ... and loved her" (Genesis 24:62-67). And I believe Your Spirit led me without delay or long engagement to take Sylvia into my heart and into my family and love her with all that I have and all that I am.


We are two people who have had challenging lives, especially in the brokenness and pain of the failed relationships of our past. But You are the God Who redeems all things, causing all things to work together for good when we choose to keep loving You, trusting You, and entrusting to You all things in our lives (Romans 8:28). There is no wound You will not heal, no bondage You will not break, no sin You will not forgive, as we surrender all to You at the foot of the cross and under the blood of Jesus (1 John 1:9).


Yet, as much as You care about us personally, You care as much or more for the advancement of Your Kingdom through the lives of Your servants who are Your sons and daughters. Your plans and purposes for our lives and through our lives to touch the lives of others with the message of Your steadfast love and unfailing mercy will come to pass (Jeremiah 29:11). And despite all our brokenness and failures, our ultimate calling and destiny in Christ for the sake of our part in the coming of the Kingdom of God will not fail, "for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29).


My life has never been normal. Neither has my journey from faith to faith, from lawyer to minister, from a little town on the plains of west Texas to the nations of the world "preparing the way of the Lord ... ministering the healing love of God" through Messiah Ministries. And neither has Sylvia's life been normal, from faith to faith, from small business owner to prophetic voice, from a little town in south Alabama to the nations of the world with the message that "the kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdom of our God." But together, we will live and love and laugh. Together we will journey with each other, stand beside each other, and be a prophetic picture of the redeeming love and power of our God, Who never gives up and always wants the best for His children.


Thank You, Father, for sending Your Spirit to find the bride who's perfect for me. All by the grace of God, may I be perfect for her, as we live our lives for You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Dear Friends, Sylvia and I felt strongly led to keep our personal life very private during our courtship this summer and our wedding day September 6th. We exchanged our personl vows to each other and to God in a very private, deeply spiritual setting with one of our best friends officiating as minister. We would have loved to have had all of our friends join us for a great public wedding celebration, but we both felt the Lord's leading to have our special day be very private and intimate. We love you and are so thankful for your friendship and love for us! We are looking forward to sharing our joy with you in all the personal and ministriy settings to come!



Tommy & Sylvia Hays
Tommy & Sylvia Hays

Sylvia and I are in the process of updating our ministry web sites and facebook profiles, but feel free to visit our current web sites.

For Sylvia Jackson Hays: www.Kingdom1stFinancial.com

For Tommy Hays:


Sylvia's prophetic message as a Finacial Advisor adressing the current economic issues is available as a free ebook by emailing her at: Sylvia@Kingdom1stFinancial.com










Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healnig praeyr ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line:



Please come for healing prayer ministry at The Healing Rooms of Lexington every Thursday Night, hosted by our ministry team in Lexington. Details on our ministry web site calendar: www.messiah-ministries.org