Friday, September 30, 2011

The Place of Sacrifice and Surrender - September 30

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my face and open up my heart to welcome the King of Glory into the moments of my day. ...

"At that time, when David saw that the Lord had answered him at the threshing floor of Oman the Jebusite, he made his sacrifices there" (1 Chronicles 21:28).


David lifted up his prayers, and You sent forth Your answers. David offered up his sacrifices from his heart, and You sent forth Your fire from heaven (v. 26). David found a place to honor You with his petitions, and You met him there to honor him with Your Presence. When we draw near to You, You draw near to us (James 4:8).


When we find the place where You answer our prayers with the fire of Your Presence, we want to sacrifice there. That's the place where we are moved to offer to You all that we have and all that we are. That's the place where we want to live our lives wholly surrendered to You. That's the place where we willing choose, as best as we can and all by Your grace, "to present (our) bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is (our) spiritual worship" (Romans 12:1).


For David, it was a place on the earth at the threshing floor of Oman the Jebusite. For us, it's a place in our hearts where Your Holy Spirit threshes out our flesh from Your Spirit, our thoughts from Your thoughts, our desires from Your desires. It's the place where we come with humility and faith in the example of our Lord to say, "Not my will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42).


Lord, let me find that place of perspective and purpose. Let me find that place of sacrifice and surrender. Let me find that place where You send Your fire from heaven and Your answers to my prayers throughout the moments of my days in the journey of faith. Thank You so much for all the ways You've been answering my prayers with Your Presence and power. It makes me want to sacrifice more and surrender all, trusting You with all my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



For those who can't come join us in person, we have our Level 1 and Level 2 4 Day Schools of Spiritual Ministry available on DVD, as well as my books and our other ministry resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources


It's not too late to sign up for our 4 Day School starting Wednesday! We're excited that the registrations for our upcoming Level 1 School of Spiritual Ministry indicate this may be our biggest class ever! Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healing prayer ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org