Friday, September 09, 2011

Sweet and Powerful Words - September 9

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and in the middle of every moment of my day. ...

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body" (Proverbs 16:24).


There are no words like Your Words. They are powerful yet soothing, sharper than a sword yet sweeter than honey. They are "a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). They are mighty for the bringing down of strongholds and creative in the establishment of Your Kingdom. "For they are life to those that find them, and healing to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:22).


As I meditate on Your written Words, as I listen for Your living Words, I long for the life You infuse into my spirit and the direction You set into my day. Help me to hear them and act upon them. But also help me to speak them into my life as I trust them to shape my life into who I am to become and what I am to do. "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I hope" (Psalm 130:5).


And thank You so much for those who listen for Your voice and share the encouragement and comfort of Your Words into my heart. They are pleasant to me because they are pleasing to You. They are like honeycomb, with sweetness to my soul and healing to my body. They build me up and never tear me down; they encourage me to look forward and not dwell on the past; they inspire me to more than I could be because they are from the heart of the One Who wants the best for me (1 Corinthians 14:3).


Now, as I have received so freely and deeply, let me give in like measure. As I have been filled up with Your Words, let Your Words now flow out of me. "Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever" (1 Peter 4:11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Tommy & Sylvia Hays
Tommy & Sylvia Hays

Friends, please come join us this weekend if you're in the Western Pennsylvannia area: Empowered for Greatness conference with Tommy & Sylvia Hays at Alverton UMC in Alverton, PA with Pastor Tom Shirer 724-925-7092. Sylvia and I were just married Sept 6 and will be ministering together for the first time as Husband and Wife in prophetic and healing prayer ministry. All are welcome!












Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healnig praeyr ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: