Monday, December 16, 2013

Morning by Morning, December 16 - The Bethlehem of My Heart

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I look to You -- Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Savior of my soul, Lord of my life -- and listen for Your leading as I begin my day with You.  ...

"Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a Child. While they were there, the time came for her to deliver her Child. And she gave birth to her firstborn Son and wrapped Him in bands of cloth, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn" (Luke 2:4-7).

From centuries before, the prophet Micah foresaw the coming of this day in "Bethlehem of Ephrathah" -- the day the Messiah of Israel would be born. He would be the One who would rule in Israel and "to the ends of the earth" forever and ever as "the One of peace." He would be born as both a little baby in human flesh, but also eternally existent as the One "from of old, from ancient days" (Micah 5:2-5).

Come, Lord Jesus, I open up the Bethlehem of my heart. I make room for you in me. You foresaw long ago that I would choose to entrust my life to You as my Lord and Savior, for "in Your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed" (Psalm 139:16). Let Christ be born in me today and every day. Make me more like You, morning by morning and day by day. By the grace of God and the Spirit of Christ abiding in me, let me grow "in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor" to display Your life through mine (Luke 2:52). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of Christ would fill the Bethlehem of your heart every day, as He makes you more like Him. God bless you, my friend!
 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue