Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Morning by Morning, March 26 - Taking Time to Turn Aside and See God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to speak out Your name and welcome Your Spirit into every moment of my day.  ...

"Moses ... came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of a bush; he looked, and the bush was blazing, yet was not consumed. Then Moses said, 'I just turn aside and look at this great sight, and see why the bush is not burned up.' When the Lord saw that he had turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, 'Moses, Moses!' And he said, "Here I am" (Exodus 3:1-4).

It was when Moses "turned aside to see" that You called out his name and spoke to his heart. And though he would soon experience the fear of the Lord, his first response to the Presence of God from the depths of his spirit was not, "I'm out of here" but "Here I am" (v. 6).

You look for a people who will look to You; You long for a people who long for You. You promise us, "When you search for Me, you fill find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me" (Jeremiah 29:13-14).

Lord, You are "a consuming Fire" (Hebrews 12:29). Let the Fire of Your Spirit burn in me. Awaken within me a consuming passion for Your Presence. Open the eyes of my heart to see You; open the ears of my spirit to hear You. Make me more spiritually hungry and spiritually sensitive to take the time to turn aside and see who You are and what You're doing all around me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of God would stir in your heart to turn aside and see God. I pray You would hear His voice calling your name and respond in faith to the consuming Fire of His Presence. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue