Monday, March 31, 2014

Morning by Morning, March 31 - The Truth about Noah

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I yield my spirit to Your Spirit. Make me more like You today.  ...

"They exchanged the truth about God for a lie" (Romans 1:25).

I'm still mad when I think about the end of the movie I saw last night and it's perverted portrayal of my God and Creator. In the Hollywood, Russell Crowe perversion, it showed Noah praying and hearing from "God" that he was to murder his own twin grand-daughters, as they were held in their mother's arms, just after birth from her womb. Yet "Noah" decides to reject and defy this command of "God" so he can do the right thing by his own conscience and let them live, refusing to obey this cruel "Creator." Already, I didn't like the movie, but that's when I had to leave. It felt defiling and blasphemous to me.

According to the Word of God, "Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; and Noah walked with God" even when "the earth was filled with violence" (Genesis 6:9-11). Noah was to build the ark for himself and all his family, along with two pairs of all the animals for a new beginning through the salvation of God after the great flood (Genesis 7:1-5). The heart of God and the heart of Noah revealed in the Word of God are far from the lies exchanged for the truth about God in this defiling perversion of the truth.

"Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord God, and not rather that they should turn from their ways and live?... For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, says the Lord God. Turn, then, and live" (Ezekiel 18:23-32).

Lord God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, You are "patient with (us), not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). You're still sending Your message of hope and peace through the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ for all who would turn to You and call on Your name to find salvation in the ark of Your Presence alone (John 3:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will fill your heart with the truth of the nature of God and cleanse you from every defilement and perversion of His true nature in this broken, fallen world. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue