Thursday, September 04, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 4 - Cry Out to Jesus

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my heart and speak out Your name, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with You.  ...

"When they heard these things, they became enraged and ground their teeth at Stephen. But filled with the Holy Spirit, he gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 'Look,' he said, 'I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!' But they covered their ears, and with a loud shout all rushed together against him. Then they dragged him out of the city and began to stone him; and the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.' Then he knelt down and cried out in a loud voice, 'Lord, do not hold this sin against them.' When he had said this, he died" (Acts 7:54-60).

Sometimes the best prayer is simply to cry out to Jesus. While the stones crushed his body Your Holy Spirit filled his heart. Stephen cried out to You and "prayed, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.'" There were a lot of things he could have said, a lot of things he could of prayed at that moment between heaven and earth when Stephen let go of his life in this world and took hold of life in the world to come. But his cry of faith was a prayer to You. He cried out to Jesus.

And there You were, just as You said you'd always be.

You're here with us now in every moment when we need You the most. And You always will be, just as You said -- "Remember, I am with you always" (Matthew 28:20).

Sometimes I hear people say you shouldn't pray to Jesus, only to the Father. But Stephen did. And so can we. You are One with the Father and One with Holy Spirit (John 10:30). You are One God in three Persons, three dimensions of the Your One Being, inviting us to know You in a personal way in every dimension of Your Being. It would be hard to know someone if you weren't ever supposed to talk to them.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for the invitation to speak to You, to know You, to cry out to You. Thank You for always being there with me when I need You the most -- "always." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will know Jesus is always with you, ready to answer and open the eyes of your heart to see Him as you embrace Him whenever you cry out to Him. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue