Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 9 - "Humble Yourself before Your God"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent on You alone.   ...

"He said to me, 'Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words' " (Daniel 10:12).

Lord, I want to set my mind toward You to gain right understanding. I want to set my heart toward You to gain a right spirit. Remind me to seek first Your kingdom and Your righteousness. Awaken me when I start to slip back into the slumber of leaning on my own understanding instead of first trusting in You and acknowledging You in all my ways so You can direct my paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Help me learn to more deeply humble myself in Your sight in the first moments of my morning and throughout the moments of my day. Then You can lift my spirit up and guide my steps in the ways that honor You and fulfill me (James 4:10). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Lord give you the grace and desire to humble yourself in His sight in the first moments of your morning and throughout the moments of your day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'm excited to be speaking at the Men's Retreat at Living Waters later this week in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Brevard, North Carolina. I've had the honor and joy of ministering to the men there for several years now, where I'm always deeply moved by this powerful ministry that makes all their retreats and youth camps available to all free of charge. Then I'll be preaching atJoy Outreach Fellowship in Brevard on Sunday morning. Please keep us in prayer for another outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I pray the same for you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue