Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 2 - A Heart for Heaven

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All that I am and all that I have I entrust to You as I begin my day dedicated to Your will, as best as I can and all by Your grace.  ...

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:19-21).

Lord, give me a heart for heaven. Give me a heart that seeks to treasure the treasures of Your heart. Give me a heart that seeks first Your kingdom and Your righteousness, trusting You that then all the things I need will be added unto me (Matthew 6:33).

Some say we shouldn't be so heavenly-minded that we're no earthly good. That sounds really street-savvy and practical, with all the wit and wisdom of trying to stay grounded and keep it real. But Your Word says something very different:  "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3).

So put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Teach me and empower me to desire to seek the things that are above with a heart for heaven. By the power of the grace of God at work within me, let me be so heavenly-minded that I can earthly-good for the glory of God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will be at work in your heart to be so heavenly-minded hat you'll be earthly-good for the glory of GodPlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, thank you so much for praying for us at the Matthew West Worship and Prayer Event with Rapha God Ministries and Oak Hills Church this past weekend, focusing on forgiveness and our identity in Christ. The worship and stories of God's mercy and love were powerful and the altar was full during the prayer ministry times. We're hearing testimonies of great freedom from the chains of unforgiveness and deep healing from the roots of bitterness. We are children of the one true King!

 
I'm excited to be sharing the message on Healing at the First Wednesday Prayer & Healing Service at Oak Hills Churchthis month. Please come join us if you can Wednesday Night, September 3 at 7PM at the Crownridge campus of Oak Hills Church. Our Rapha God Ministries prayer team will be joining the Oak Hills Prayer Team for personal ministry after the worship and message. God bless you!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue