Friday, September 05, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 5 - "Before Abraham was, I AM"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I open up my heart and offer up my life to You today, as I spend these first moments of my morning with You alone.  ...

"Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets also died. Who do You claim to be?' Jesus answered, 'If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing. It is My Father who glorifies Me, He of whom you say, 'He is out God,' though you do not know Him. But I know Him; if I would say that I do not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him and I keep His word. Your ancestor Abraham rejoiced that he would see My day; he saw it and was glad.' Then the Jews said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I AM.' So they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple" (John 8:53-59, and see NJKV).

To those who doubted Your identity and Your deity, You said "I AM." And to every question and doubt we have today, to every burden and need, to every wound and bondage, to every trauma and fear, to every battle and injustice, to every sin and lie, You say "I AM."

You are our Lord and Savior, our Healer and Deliverer, our Rock and Refuge, our Comfort and Strength. You are our "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit, and by the grace of God and the mystery of faith, You also desire to be One with us (John 17:22-23).

So by the grace of God and the mystery of faith, I willingly choose to put all my hope and trust in You alone as Lord and Savior of all. "Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great:  He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory" (1 Timothy 3:16).

Great "I AM" -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- You are "I AM" to me (Exodus 3:14). You were "I AM" before Abraham. And You are "I AM" before anything I'll ever encounter or ever need. Now by the grace of God and the mystery of faith, You are mine and I am Yours (Song of Solomon 2:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will know the love and power and grace of our Great I AM in every moment of your day, this day and every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Phillips, Craig, and Dean
Phillips, Craig, and Dean "Great I Am" Lyrics and Photos Video


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue