Monday, September 29, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 29 - To Love and Obey

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...

"They who have My commandments and keep them are those who love Me; and those who love Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love them and reveal Myself to them" (John 14:21).

My obedience is an expression of my love. And because I love You, I want to obey You. I want to honor You with my obedience -- not so that You'll love me, but because I love You.

Some imply that loving God doesn't require obeying God, that the grace of God has replaced the commandments of God. But that's not what You taught. In fact, You said, "Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come and make Our home with them. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word that you hear is not Mind, but is from the Father who sent Me" (John 14:23-24).

Lord, I need Your grace and I'm thankful for Your love and mercy. You are "merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love" (Psalm 103:8). And I need You to abide in Me, giving me the desire and the power to obey Your word and live into Your will to that my life will be fulfilled.

You continue to encourage us to live our lives trusting You know best what we need most:  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:10-11).

I want my joy to be complete and my life to be fulfilled. So help me trust You and obey You and I live and learn to abide in Your love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit will you the desire to love and obey our Lord who loves us so, that your joy may be complete and your life may be fulfilled. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, thank you for praying for our Level 1 School of Ministry this past Thursday through Saturday, helping equip the Body of Christ for the ministry of inner healing and deliverance -- "healing from the inside out." We all experienced the deep Presence and power of the Holy Spirit filling us afresh and empowering us to minister the healing love of God, as the Lord Jesus minister His healing love to each one of us. I pray the same for you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue