Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 18 - "Perpetual Fire"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit of God. You are the Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- and I welcome You into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"The fire on the altar shall be kept burning; it shall not go out. Every morning the priest shall add wood to it, lay out the burnt offering on it, and turn into smoke the fat pieces of the offerings of well-being. A perpetual fire shall be kept burning on the altar; it shall not go out" (Leviticus 6:12-13).
 
The physical rules of the Old Covenant speak of the spiritual relationship we have with You in Christ (2 Timothy 3:16). So just as the priest tended to the fire of the altar, You call me to tend to the fire of my heart. Let it be "a perpetual fire" that "shall be kept burning" and that "shall not go out."
 
Drawn me into the holy place of prayer "every morning." Lead me to gather up the "wood" of Your Word You've chosen as revelation for my day to rekindle the flame, as You breathe the breath of Your Spirit upon Your Word in my heart. I offer my life a living sacrifice, as a "burnt offering" before You. In the holy "fire" of Your Holy Spirit, burning in my heart with a passion for You, I worship You in spirit and truth, that the "smoke" of my prayers and praise may arise as a pleasing aroma to You. 
 
These are my "offerings of well-being" -- here in the morning and throughout the moments of my day. May it be well with my soul, this day and every day, as Your "perpetual fire" burns in me. In Jesus' name I pray.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May the perpetual fire of God burn in your heart and may it be well with your soul, as you draw near to Him in prayer and praise every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!