Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 26 - "Come Walk with Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and Savior, One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit, be One within in me, as I abide in You and You abide in me.  ...
 
As I wait on Your leading and embrace Your Presence here in the stillness and silence of surrender before You, I believe I hear You speaking in my heart, "Come walk with Me."  ...
 
Yes, Lord.  ... What do You mean by "Come walk with Me?"  ...
 
This Scripture comes to mind:  "Enoch walked with God..." (Genesis 5:24). And then the rest of that Scripture comes to mind:  "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him." Are You about to take me, Lord? Am I about to be "no more?"  ...
 
It seems I hear You laugh. 
 
And now You're drawing my attention to a previous verse:  "Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters" (v. 22). I believe what You're speaking to me is that You're inviting me to walk with You every day of my life -- to talk with You and listen with You, to be consciously aware of You and that You're with me on my journey. As I walk it out, I can talk it out with You in our personal time together. 
 
Just as walking helps keep us fit physically, walking with You helps keep us fit spiritually. Just as physical walking stretches the muscles of the body, spiritual walking stretches the spiritual muscles of our soul. In the natural realm we can breathe in the fresh air of the morning and in the spiritual realm we can breathe in the refreshing breath of Your Spirit. Just as physically it gets our blood flowing, spiritually it gets our heart going, as we come walk with You in the cool of the day and the depths of our spirit.
 
I believe You're speaking to my spirit that to come walk with You is to come abide in You and allow You to abide in me (John 15:4). It's allowing Your Spirit to lead me in Your ways and Your will (Romans 8:14). And it's a way I can "live and move and have (my) being" in You throughout the moments of my day (Acts 17:28). So Yes, Lord; I will. I will come walk with You each day -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you'll live and move and have your being in the Lord who walks with you every moment of every day, as you abide in His Presence and seek to follow His leading, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!