Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 25 - Remember When
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Embraced by my Father, centered in the Son, filled with the Spirit -- I want to begin my day surrounded and grounded in You, O Lord, my God.  ...
 
"Remember the days of old, consider the years long past; ask your father, and he will inform you; your elders, and they will tell you" (Deuteronomy 32:7).
 
As Moses came to the end of his life on this earth and passed the torch of his leadership to Joshua to carry the people of God into the land of their inheritance, he reminded the people to always remember. As Your Spirit had already spoken through Moses over fifteen times throughout the writing of the Book of Deuteronomy, the people were to "remember" the Lord their God and all You had done for them and how You were always with them (v. 5:15; 7:18; 8:2; etc.). 
 
And just as You spoke to them, You speak to us -- reminding us to "remember when."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. I remember the day You saved me -- when You brought me out of the slavery of my Egypt. I remember the days it seemed like I wandered in the wilderness, but You were there to keep the shoes of my soul from wearing out and the weariness of my spirit from giving up. I remember the times when I could have chosen a better route or chosen to believe a better report, but gave in to fear or held back from fully trusting You in faith, yet You were there to even cause that to work together for good. And I can remember times when it seemed the golden calves of this world got more of my heart and my attention and my time that belonged to You, yet You led me to repentance in Your kindness and love to welcome me back into the intimacy of worshipping You alone as Lord of my life.
 
Yes, I "remember the days of old." I remember when. And at the same time, I'm so thankful for all You don't "remember." You're the God who says in Your Word, "You have burdened Me with your sins; you have wearied Me with your iniquities. (Yet), I, I Am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins" (Isaiah 43:22). You're the God whose Word says, "He will again have compassion upon us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea" (Micah 7:19). And You're the God who promises us in Your Word, "He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far He removes our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:10-12).
 
So as I remember when, I want to always remember You. I want to always remember that You love me, that You're for me, that You forgive me, that You're always with me, and that You'll never give up on me until all that You desire for me and to form within me is all accomplished according to Your plan and Your purpose for me (Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 1:6). By the power of Your grace, I will "remember the Lord, who is great and awesome," even as I remember when (Nehemiah 4:14) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you'll always remember the One who always remembers you with love and mercy in His heart for you, as He is faithful to bring to completion all His plans and purposes for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!