Monday, October 03, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 3 - Power and Wisdom
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awake me to seek You. Ignite my soul with a flash of the fire of Your Presence. Let me hear what You're saying and see where You're leading, as I begin my day with You in the communion of prayer.  ...
 
"For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and wisdom of God.
 
Lord Jesus, You are the power and the wisdom of God. And whether we struggle with a need to see miracles of power to trust and believe in You or whether we struggle with a need to have it all explained and explored with scientific precision before we choose to put our hope and faith in You, You keep reaching out to us all. "For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (v. 1:18). And it's Your heart to save us all and embrace each one, no matter our struggle. "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on Him. For, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved'" (Romans 10:12-13).
 
So rather than demanding and desiring what I want and what I think I need, I choose to humble my heart before the One who knows me better than any other, before the One who knows the best and wants the best for me every day. And all along the journey and adventure of my faith in You, I'll see more of Your power and grow in more of Your wisdom -- not because You have to keep proving Yourself to me, but because I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that You already have -- once and for all -- at the cross of Christ (Romans 10:0). 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will see the power and experience the wisdom of our God in your journey and adventure of faith in Him, in Jesus' name. And even on the days where you feel you especially need a touch of His power and a measure of His widow, I pray Your faith will be made even stronger, as You choose to keep trusting Him no matter what. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

 

Friends, please come join us if you can and spread the word for our Ministry Fundraiser Golf Tournament and Silent Auction, with a few special golfers coming out to encourage and support us 
-- Jeremy Camp, Max Lucado, Randy Frazee, and Jim Barker on October 8th!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!