Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 19 - "Come Away with Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what You're saying and see what You're doing, as You lead me into Your will for my life today -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "Come away with Me."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. In these first moments of my morning, I want to embrace Your invitation to come away with You -- to focus on You first while I'm fresh, to set everything else aside for a few moments as I'm directly, deliberately seeking You, watching and waiting, surrendering in the silence, listening for Your leading, and resting in Your Presence. In my heart, I'm coming away with You for awhile.  ...
 
As the Son of Man seeking the will of the Father, You "went away and prayed" (Mark 14:39). You spent time alone with the Father. Though You had loved ones nearby, You also needed some time alone. Though You had a strong sense of Your calling and destiny, confident in Your identity in Your relationship with the Father, You also took time to seek the specific leading of the Lord. You were willing to surrender to the will of the Father that came into Your heart, as You watched and waited to know His will in what was to come (Mark 14:36).
 
Thank You for this gift of Your grace to come away with You. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Let the words that I hear in my heart come alive and active in me (Hebrews 4:12). And then as I rise and go out into my world today, empower me to be not only a hearer of Your word, but also a doer of Your word -- as best as I can and all by Your grace (Matthew 7:24; James 1:22). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you'll respond to the nudging of the Spirit to come away with the Lord when you're fresh and ready to hear, as He strengthens you in His Presence and leads you in your heart to trust and obey His will. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!