Friday, October 28, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 28 - True Heart of True Worship
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. Thank You for the gift of the communion of prayer, as I begin my day centered in You.  ...
 
"Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord. Let us lift up our hearts as well as our hands to God in heaven" (Lamentations 3:40-41).
 
If we're not careful we can slip into religious routines, even in our worship and prayer. We may still be lifting up our hands, but no longer lifting up our hearts.
 
We can go through the motions, go on autopilot, and go about our lives with an outward appearance that no longer reflects our inward desires. We can grow weary from the cares of this world and challenges of the battles of the day until we grow numb and detached, worn out or burned out. And You warned us that even among the body of believers "the love of many will grow cold" (Matthew 24:12).
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Keep a true heart of true worship thriving in me. Come burn in me. Keep the fire of my faith burning in my heart. Rekindle the flame every day. Breathe on the embers of my spirit in the passionate pursuit of the Lover of my soul. "True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24).
 
Let the songs that I sing to You be an authentic expression of my love for You. Let the lifting of my hands be a genuine manifestation of the lifting of my heart. Keep stirring in me and burning in me until it's totally true in every depth of my being that I "love the Lord (my) God will all (my) heart, with all (my) soul, with all (my) mind, and with all (my) strength," (Mark 12:30). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May the Holy Spirit burn in your spirit every day with a true heart of true worship for the Lord our God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

(from a time of ministry in The Philippines)
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!