Friday, March 17, 2017

Morning by Morning, March 17 - Compassionate Command
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You guide my steps in the way that leads to life in You today.  ...
 
"A funeral procession was coming out as (Jesus) approached the village gate. The young man who had died was a widow's only son, and a large crowd from the village was with her. When the Lord saw her, His heart overflowed with compassion. 'Don't cry!' He said. Then He walked over to the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped. 'Young man,' He said, "I tell you, get up.' Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk! And Jesus gave him back to his mother" (Luke 7:11-15 NLT).
 
Your heart overflows with compassion for us. And one of the ways You express Your compassion is through Your power. The power of Your compassion, the power of Your love, confronts sin and death, sickness and disease, and all that is less than Your will for our lives.
 
From Your heart of compassion, You speak with authority to command our circumstances to align with Your compassion. And You call us to do the same in the authority of Your name and the power of Your Spirit (Acts 1:8; John 14:12; John 20:21). As the Word of God says:  "Jesus answered them, 'Have faith in God. Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:22-24).
 
Increase my faith to believe in Your compassion and Your power. Increase my faith to believe Your will to express Your compassion and Your power through us as Your disciples and the sons and daughters of God we are as Your church, just as Your Word commands us:  "Are any among you suffering? They should pray.... Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up; and anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective" (James 5:13-16).
 
By the power of Your grace, bring my faith into alignment with the Biblical faith Your Word requires:  "So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:24). Let me not "shrink back" but press on in my journey to grow in the faith that flows out of Your compassion and love. "But My righteous one will live by faith. My soul takes no pleasure in anyone who shrinks back" (Hebrews 11:38). "Without faith it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6).
 
By the grace of God, I do want to please You. So let Your compassion and power and love flow through me and my prayers today. Through my prayers and my words in the authority of Your name, command the circumstances of my life to come into alignment with Your will (Matthew 6:10). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the compassion of God flows through your prayers and your words in faith, as He causes the circumstances that touch your life to come into alignment with His will, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!