Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Morning by Morning, March 1 - "The Message of the Cross"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your Holy Spirit align my thoughts with the mind of Christ and my desires with the heart of the Father, as I center my spirit in You through the communion of prayer.  ...
 
"For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).
 
Lord, what is "the message of the cross" You want me to hear and live out today?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart:  "The message of the cross is the message of My love. I set aside the glory of heaven to take on the nature of human flesh and blood to live a life completely trusting My Father and completely surrendered to His will in every moment of My life as I walked this earth. And I willingly laid down My life for you and for all so that no sin would ever have to separate you from the love of God revealed in my sacrifice at the cross. Truly, you have no idea of how much a sacrifice I made, but know that it was a sacrifice of love well worth every moment of My suffering for the sake of the joy of My eternal relationship with you and all who embrace the gift and the grace of My sacrifice of love."    ...
 
Yes, Lord. In this moment, my words of my response are so inadequate, but I thank You for this message of the cross. I thank You for this message of Your love, Your sacrifice of love for me. It is "the power of God." It is the power of the love of God poured out for me. Thank You for Your humility of taking onto Yourself humanity to lay down Your life for me (Philippians 2:5-11).
 
"In this is love, not that we loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10).  "For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:19-20).
 
My Father God, in thanksgiving and praise, in eternal gratitude for the gift of Your eternal grace, I'm "looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of (my) faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2). "Surely He has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted Him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the punishment that made us whole, and by His bruises we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:4-6).
 
Thank You, Lord Jesus. May I embrace and live out this message of the cross this day and every day -- as best as I can and by the power of Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray that by the power of the grace of God you will embrace and live out the message of the cross, this message of God's sacrifice of love for you and for me, today and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
       
   

Friends, I'm excited to to be sharing a message of healing and hope at the First Wednesday Worship & Prayer Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio Tonight, March 1st at 7pm. All are welcome! Please keep us in prayer and I pray for an outpouring of God's Spirit and power in your heart and life each day! God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!