Thursday, May 11, 2017

Morning by Morning, May 11 - Grace to Patiently Grow
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart by Your Spirit, I pray.  ...
 
"(Jesus) also said, 'The kingdom of God is as if someone would scatter seed on the ground, and would sleep and rise night and day, and the seed would sprout and grow, he does not know how. The earth produces of itself, first the stalk, then the head, then the full grain in the head. But when the grain is ripe, at once he goes in with his sickle, because the harvest has come" (Mark 4:26-29).
 
Lord, give me the grace to patiently grow. The things that spring up quickly don't always last (Mark 4:17). And it doesn't do any good to insist on a harvest before its time. You're the God who makes "everything beautiful in its time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11 NKJV).
 
So help me not get in a hurry -- not so hasty, not so frustrated, not so pushy or demanding. That doesn't take away from the excitement of expectant faith, but helps me grow in the grace of trusting You. It's "through faith and patience" (we) inherit the promises" of Your kingdom (Hebrews 6:12).
 
Your seed will produce Your harvest, but there is a process, according to Your plan, and all in Your time. That's why I need Your grace to patiently grow -- to grow up to maturity in my heart and to allow all You've planted around me and even through me to grow up to the maturity of the harvest You've promised and planned. By the power of Your grace, help me embrace the seed of every word of Your kingdom You've planted, as I "hear the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patient endurance" -- the fruit of the harvest of Your kingdom here on earth and here in my heart (Luke 8:15). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you'll grow in grace for yourself and those around you, patiently but expectantly waiting on God to produce the harvest of his kingdom in and through your life, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!