Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Morning by Morning, May 2 - River of Delights
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm watching and waiting, listening for Your leading, to begin my day grounded in Your Word and abiding in Your Spirit.  ...
 
"How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of Your wings. They feast on the abundance of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your delights. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light" (Psalm 36:7-9).
 
Lord, what is the river of Your delights?  ...
 
What comes to my heart is this:  "My river of delights is an expression of My heart and My life flowing in you. Drink deeply from My living waters, and My living waters will flow steadily from you, bringing My life to all it touches."
 
Yes, Lord. You said, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to Me, and let the one who believes in Me drink. As the Scripture has said, 'Out of the believer's heart shall flow rivers of living water'" (John 7:37). And Your Word says "(You) said this about the Spirit." (John 7:39).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me up, fill me afresh, with Your living waters today (Ephesians 5:18). Let the things that delight You delight me. Let the things that move Your heart move my heart. Let life arise in me and flow out of me. Like the river that flows from the temple of God, like the river that flows from the throne of God, let Your river of life flow steadily from my heart to bring life to all it touches (Ezekiel 47:9; Revelation 22:1). 
 
"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High" (Psalm 46:4). You make me glad. You fill me with joy. You make my joy complete (John 15:11; John 16:24). And I tremble with delight to freely come and freely drink, deeply every day from this river of Your delights. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you drink deeply from the river of delights, allowing the Spirit of God to fill you up and flow through you, bringing God's life and joy to all you touch, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Friends, I'm excited to be sharing a message of hope and healing at the First Wednesday Service of Worship and Prayer at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus this Wednesday Night, May 3rd, at 7pm, in the South Room Worship Center. Our Rapha God Ministries Prayer Team with be joining with Oak Hills Church to offer personal prayer ministry. All are welcome. Please come join us!


 

My 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite prayer devotionals I've sent out from my morning prayers over the past few years. Available through Amazon and Kindle or at our Ministry Office. May these simple morning prayer be a blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!