Thursday, May 18, 2017

Morning by Morning, May 18 - "Teaching" and "Preaching" and "Healing"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart, as I listen for Your voice, Good Shepherd of my soul (John 10:4).  ...
 
"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. Great multitudes followed Him -- from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordon" (Matthew 4:23-25 NKJV).
 
As the Son of Man, anointed and empowered by the Holy Spirit, doing what You saw the Father doing and speaking what You heard the Father speaking, You were "moved with compassion" for everyone You encountered (Matthew 9:36). You went everywhere the Father sent You -- "teaching" and "preaching" and "healing" from the Father heart of God in the power of the Holy Spirit. 
 
And it was Your great joy to equip and empower Your disciples to go and do the same (Luke 10:21). As Peter would later proclaim, as he continued Your ministry in the authority of Your name and the power of Your Spirit as one of Your faithful disciples:  "'God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power.... He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.... He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the One ordained by God as judge of the living and the dead. All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name.' As Peter was still speaking, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard the word" (Acts 10:38-44).
 
You have commissioned us, as Your disciples, to "receive the Holy Spirit," to go in the authority of Your name, to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom, in the compassion and power of the Father's heart, speaking into our spirits, "As the Father sent Me, so I send you" (John 20:21-23). And by the power of the grace of God, I receive Your commission (Acts 1:8).
 
O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- may You send forth Your word to save and stretch out Your hand to heal everywhere You send me "teaching" and "preaching" and "healing" in the authority of Your name and the power of Your Spirit (Mark 16:15-18). May the fame of Your name continue to spread throughout all the earth (Matthew 4:24). Give me faith to believe and courage to embrace the fulfillment of the promise of Your Word for me and every one of Your disciples:  "Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in My name you ask Me for anything, I will do it" (John 14:12-14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will go everywhere the Father sends you in authority of the name of Jesus and the power of His Holy Spirit, fulfilling your calling and destiny in Christ today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Friends, I'm excited to be traveling with my wife Rocio to Budapest, Hungary today to teach and minister inner healing personal prayer ministry with a team from the Vineyard Church of San Antonio for the next 10 days. I'll be teaching the Biblical, spiritual principles from my book Free to Be Like Jesus! -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance.  Please keep us in prayer for the Lord's covering and anointing, as we go in the authority of His name and the power of His Spirit! I pray for His covering and anointing upon you! God bless you!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!