Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Morning by Morning, July 11 - "Share His Divine Nature"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all I am and all I do this day.  ...
 
"By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence. And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires" (2 Peter 1:3-4 NLT).
 
Lord, how can I -- being human and filled with the human desires of my world -- come to "share (Your) divine nature"? How can I "have the mind of Christ" and "let the same mind be in (me) that was in Christ Jesus? (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5) How can I "be perfect, therefore, as (my) heavenly Father is perfect"? (Matthew 5:48) How can I "be holy" just "as He who has called (me) is holy" (1 Peter 1:15)? How can I be one of those who are created and called to "be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, in which (we) shine like stars in the world ... holding fast to the world of life" (Philippians 2:14-16).  ...
 
As I wait and listen, it seems I hear You saying: "My son, apart from Me, you can do nothing. Apart from Me, you cannot stop sinning and become a saint or start doing everything right and stop doing anything wrong. It is not about what I have called you to do or not do; it is about who I have called you to become. I have called you to become like Me."
 
Yes, Lord. But how would I become like You? ...
 
I believe I hear You speaking in my heart:  "You become like Me as you yield to Me. Willing choose, by the power of My grace, to let Me conform you to My nature. Allow My Spirit to fill you and change you, to lead you and guide you, to put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart, to make you more like Me each day. You cannot do this; but you can choose to allow Me to do this in you if you willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon Me alone through humility and faith."   ...
 
Yes, Lord. I believe You. And I believe Your "great and precious promises" for me and for all who believe and come to know You. "For God knew His people in advance, and He chose them to become like His Son, so that His Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, He called them to come to Him. And having called them, He gave them right standing with Himself. And having given them right standing, He gave them His glory" (Romans 8:29-30 NLT). "As we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, be we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world" (1 John 4:17 NLT). "As He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17 NRSV).
 
So by the power of Your grace at work within me, in humility and faith, I willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone.
 
Come, Holy Spirit of God. Make me perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect; make me holy as You are holy; make me to share Your "divine nature" as You give me both the desire and the power to keep desiring Your nature every day. "For it is God working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). And I believe this is what pleases You -- that I would be willing to become more like You each day. "God's will is for (me) to be holy" (1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT). It's only possible by the grace of Your love, the power of Your blood, and the work of Your Spirit (1 John 1:7). Lord, let it be so. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My friend, I pray God's Holy Spirit gives you the desire and the power to become more like Jesus every day, that you may share in His divine nature and shine like a star in your world, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!