Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Turning 60 and Still Turning to You - June 8, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, June 8 - Turning 60 and Still Turning to You

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You, as I begin my day and continue my journey to grow up into maturity -- “to the measure of the full stature of Christ” in every way You desire to express Your nature through my life (Ephesians 4:15). For as You are, so are we to be in our world (1 John 4:17). ...

In two days, I’ll be turning 60. I’m thinking about it today because this will be my last chance to sit down and write out my morning prayer before leaving on a family trip early, early in the morning. For several years, a Birthday Scripture has come to mind to speak of a prophetic truth for that year of my life. This year is a big one -- 60! And a big Scripture comes to mind -- Isaiah 60 -- one of my favorites (though It’s all good!)

“Arise, shine; for your Light has come,
    and the Glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
For darkness shall cover the earth,
    and thick darkness the peoples;
but the Lord will arise upon you,
    and His Glory will appear over you.
Nations shall come to your Light,
    and kings to the Brightness of your dawn!” (Isaiah 60:1-3)

You are my Light, Lord Jesus. You are the Brightness of my dawn. And I pray You would arise up me and shine through me -- more and more every day, but in a breakthrough way this 60th year of my life.

It’s Your Glory. “And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen His glory, the glory as of a Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). It’s Your Light. For You are “the Light of the world. Whoever follows (You) will never walk in darkness but will have the Light of Life” (John 8:12).

And at the same time, in the sovereignty of Your will and the mystery of Your ways, You choose to display Your Glory and shine Your Light through us. “Christ in (us), the hope of glory” -- Your Glory, Your Light, arising upon us and shining through us (Colossians 1:27).

“For we do not proclaim ourselves; we proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is God who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ” (2 Corinthians 4:5-6).

This day, all this 60th year, and for the rest of my life on my journey through this world, may I carry the manifest Glory of Your Presence in my heart by Your Spirit abiding in me; and may my face shine with the Light of Jesus shining through me. May even nations and kings be drawn to the brightness of Your Dawn, dawning on me -- not only for me, but for all who turn to You and entrust their lives completely in trusting surrender and expectant faith. By the grace of God, I’m turning 60 and still turning to You! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may the Light and Glory of Jesus Christ arise and shine upon you, as you carry His Presence everywhere you go, leading many to Him with His love and grace flowing through you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Friends, thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement for the Sunday services at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas this weekend! We had a powerful time in the deep presence of the Lord! You can watch the service and my message on 
"Preparing the Way of the Lord" here: 
My New Book Just Published!
Friends, I'm so excited to publish my new book on right alignment of spirit, soul, and body called First the Spirit!
Order your copy today on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle!

All purchases support the calling and vision of 
Messiah Ministries
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

June 10th
Family Time in Mexico for my 60th Birthday

July 10th
Preaching at Canyon Lake, Texas Aglow Meeting

June 24th
Preaching in Pakistan. Outdoor evangelistic crusade through our monthly Internet Ministry. (Thursday Morning here; Thursday Night in Pakistan).

July 14-17
Speaking on the Power of the Holy Spirit
Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Annual Conference

August 6-7th 
Leading an Inner Healing Prayer Weekend
Centenary Church in Lexington, Kentucky
(Still planning the details)

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Freedom Equipping Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. All are welcome to come join us at any time along the course. Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Tuesday Mornings
Teaching by Zoom on Deliverance Ministry Training for leaders of MorningStar Ministries Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Deliverance by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

Sessions are without cost and any contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.