Friday, June 14, 2024

“Fervent, Effective Prayers” - June 14, 2024

 

Morning by Morning, June 14 - “Fervent, Effective Prayers”

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, Your words in my mouth, Your actions to my feet, as I seek to follow You and You make me more like You today (1 John 4:17). ...

 

“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (James 5:16).

 

Lord, I have no righteousness apart from You. I fall short of Your glory every day (Romans 3:23). But You are my righteousness. By the power of Your blood, You forgive me for my sins and cleanse me in my soul to restore me to righteousness in You (1 John 1:9). You make me right with You, right with others, right within myself in the righteousness of God I have in You and all You’ve done for me (2 Corinthians 5:21).

 

Through You, I’m “reconciled to God” and through You, I am now an “ambassador for Christ” in my words and prayers and actions (2 Corinthians 5:20). That’s why I can pray “effective, fervent prayers” that “avail much.” Not because I’m righteous of anything I’ve not or haven’t done, but because of who You are and who You are in me--the Righteous One in me--allowing me pray “effective, fervent prayers” as “a righteous man.”

 

Lord, I want my prayers to be effective. I want to know I’m praying Your heart according to Your will in what I fervently pray. I don’t know how to pay as I ought, but You do; and You give me Your Spirit to change my mind and my heart to line up with Your mind and Your heart so I can pray in agreement with Your will, just as Your Word promises:

 

“Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:26-27).

 

Come, Holy Spirit. Come pray though me with fervency and effectiveness. Come make my heart and my prayers righteous in the site of my Father, praying as an ambassador of the Son in the power and authority of the Spirit. And give me a heart to settle for nothing less. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you pray fervent, effective prayers in the righteousness of the Righteous One who prays though you by His Spirit and cleanses you from all unrighteousness by the power of His blood. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


June 20

Teaching on the End Times, Tribulation, and Rapture at a Home Group in Fredericksburg, Texas


June 23

Preaching Sunday Services at Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, Texas

https://bridgefbg.com/sunday-worship-live-stream


July 4

Speaking at the Patriotic Prayer Gathering at Gillespie County Courthouse Gazebo at 9:00AM before the 4th of July Parade in Fredericksburg, Texas


July 5

New Wine Worship at Messiah Ministries Home Base at 7:00PM in Fredericksburg, TX. All are Welcome! First Wednesday of Every Month


July 27

Speaking at the Aglow International Ministries Gathering for Interest to start of a citywide Prayer Lighthouse in Fredericksburg, Texas. All are welcome.


July 30-August 1

Teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries, Goodlettsville, TN in the Nashville, Tennessee area

https://www.aldersgaterenewal.org/arm-events


August

Ministry in Cartagena, Columbia


September 14

Wedding of Arturo Machado and Heather Tack at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina


Tuesday Nights at 6PM - Beginning Again Next September

Teaching our 9 Month Equipping Course on Tuesday Nights at 6PM at Bridge ChurchFredericksburg, Texas based on my books Free to Be Like Jesus! and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute


Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays