Morning by Morning, August 18, 2026 — “Under the Shadow of the Almighty”
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Rock and Refuge, my Shelter and Savior, I look to You and call on Your name to begin my day intentionally in communion with You—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. …
This morning You’re bringing to mind the promises of Psalm 91, promises for all who find their shelter in You:
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust’” (Psalm 91:1-2).
As I pray Your Word and speak out loud the phrase of this verse, “under the shadow of the Almighty,” an image comes to mind of Your hand over the life of one who is trusting in You. With the eyes of my heart, that “shadow of the Almighty” is a shadow created by Your shelter, Your protection and safety, Your shielding and security.
Lord, I put my trust in You. I seek to dwell in You, to abide in You, safe and secure in You. You are the place of my protection and provision. You’re the Source of all I need. You stretch out Your hand to cover me in Your shadow.
Here in the place of Your Presence, You deliver me from the plans and schemes of my spiritual enemy. You cover me and protect me from pestilence and destruction, from fears and attacks from whatever source (v. 3-6).
Here under Your shadow, no evil can befall me nor plague come near me. You give Your angels charge over me and all You’ve entrusted to me in my family and relationships, in every place You’ve positioned me and every task You’ve entrusted to me. In all my ways, You will keep me on the right path and in the refuge of Your will (v. 7-13).
Here in the secret place of the Most High, I embrace all Your promises and blessings, Your hand of protection and favor over me and every area of my life, according to Your Word. Personalizing the final verses of blessing of this Psalm You put in my heart today, I declare Your Word in faith:
“Because I have set my love upon You, therefore You will deliver me; You will set me on high, because I have known Your name. I shall call upon You, and You will answer me; You will be with me in trouble; You will deliver me and honor me. With long life You will satisfy me, And show me Your salvation” (v. 14-16 personalized).
Thank You for Your hand over my life, as I seek to live my life under the shadow of the Almighty. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged this day. In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
My friend, may you live this day and every day under the shadow of the Almighty and receive all the blessings and promises of God in your life and all that's entrusted to you, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!
Click Here to Listen to Today's Prayer: https://www.buzzsprout.com/2375760
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries 502 North Milam Street Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Please share this word to encourage a friend! Anyone can sign up for free at: https://messiah-ministries.org
My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays
“Setting hearts free to be all you were created to be —Free to Be Like Jesus— secure in your identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling your destiny"
https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute |