Friday, May 15, 2009

The Song of the Lord 5-15-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You inspire me, You empower me, You give me strength to meet my day. ... You inspire me You empower me You give me strength to meet my day You lead me You never leave me You shine Your light to show the way You are my strength and my shield You are the power that I feel And I know I go through this day with You ... "Then Hezekiah commanded that the burnt offering be offered on the altar. When the burnt offering began, the song of the Lord began also..." (2 Chronicles 29:27). Under the Old Covenant, the priests brought the offerings of their sacrifice to be burnt by fire on the altar of the temple. Under our New Covenant in Christ, we offer the sacrifice of our hearts to be consumed in the fire of the Holy Spirit, burning in the temple of our lives. "Present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship" (Romans 12:1). "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? ... For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). As I come to You to lift up my eyes and open up my heart in my morning sacrifice and offering of prayer, You are already here. Yet at the same time, You send Your holy fire in a fresh way upon the altar of my heart and fan the embers into flame again through the intimacy of this intentional communion with You in prayer. When You do, the song of the Lord often begins to arise in my soul. No matter what I'm facing, no matter You already know I will endure, You remind me that I will face it and endure it with You. So songs of thanksgiving, praise, and trust begin to rise with the smoke of the burnt offering of my life. May this "offering made by fire" be "as a sweet aroma before (You) Lord" (Exodus 29:25, NKJV). My my life today be a song of the Lord to You. Thank You for giving me a new song to sing as I begin this new day with You in prayer. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night 5/15, on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our Messiah Ministries' gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Brooke and Shannon Barrett will be leading us in worship, while Laura Beach and I lead us in prayer. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary (www.CentenaryLex.com). All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Friends, please come join us for the Aldersgate'09 Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5. I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year in Greesboro, NC, preaching the Friday Night message on Healing and also teaching equipping sessions on prayer ministry: http://www.aldersgate09.org/conference-info/keynote-speakers.html Please register on-line now and spread the word! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org