Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Commanded Victories 5-13-09

Good Morning, Lord Jesus. You are my hope and my strength, my vision and my purpose. ... "You are my King and my God; You command victories for Jacob" (Psalm 44:4). Your word goes forth, and victories are won -- bodies and emotions are healed, relationships are restored, failures are redeemed, vision is fulfilled, lives are changed. As the centurion soldier admitted his unworthiness of Your blessings in his own righteousness, yet humbly asked for healing of his servant, He knew by faith the power of Your word and Your authority. He said to You, "Only speak the word, and my servant will be healed" (Matthew 8:8). Then You commanded the victory. You affirmed his faith and sent forth Your word; and his servant was healed (v. 8:10-13). As we choose to align ourselves under Your authority as King and God, by the mercy and power of Your grace, You "command victories." You cause circumstances to align in our favor. Like the centurion, You want us to understand the principle of "authority" (v. 8:9). This is a principle of alignment with the plans and purposes of God as King of the Kingdom of God, in trusting, obedient submission to the authority of Your word in our lives. And at the same time, we are directly affected by our choices and the choices of others -- by both human beings and spiritual beings -- in a broken, fallen world not yet fully redeemed on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:9-15). But You give us grace to choose to come into alignment with Your authority, to call on Your name, in faith believing You will send forth Your word and command the victory, in Your perfect timing and Your perfect way. "So My word that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that to which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11). My King and my God, help me come into alignment with Your authority and Your word. Increase my faith to believe in Your power for all that I need according to Your purpose. Command my circumstances -- within me and around me -- to align with Your will and your Kingdom. Command Your victory in the power of Your word. Give me wisdom to agree and faith to believe (Matthew 19:18-19). "Only speak the word" and it shall be done. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night 5/15, on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Brooke and Shannon Barrett will be leading us in worship, while Laura Beach and I lead us in prayer. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary (www.CentenaryLex.com). All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org