Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Events As Yet Unseen" 5-12-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and the beginning of my day. ... "By faith Noah, warned by God about events as yet unseen, respected the warning and built an ark to save his household" (Hebrews 11:7). The events of these coming days are as yet unseen to us. But You already see the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end. You already see every challenge I'll endure, every battle I'll fight, every choice I'll make. These coming days will come as no surprise to You. "Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In Your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed" (Psalm 139:16). You are forming the substance of my faith and my character now for what I will endure then. In fact, You have been forming the substance of my faith and my character throughout my life for what I am enduring now. What was yet unseen in my past, is seen now seen in my present, and will be seen in my future. But it has always been seen to You. So I would be foolish not to put my faith and trust in the One who sees all things, the One who holds all time and space and substance of every dimension in Your mighty hands. "Happy are those who make the Lord their trust, who do not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods" (Psalm 40:4). Give me ears to hear Your warning and wisdom to respect it. Give me eyes to see by faith what You show me to warn me of what is yet unseen so that I will be prepared, so that I will be of use to You in preparing others, in preparing the way of the Lord. Those who hear and heed the word and the warning of the Lord will be safe, secure in the ark of Your salvation through the events of the days to come. When there is an "increase of lawlessness" and "the love of many grow cold" as "many will fall away," I want to be ready to persevere and endure because You have made me ready (Matthew 24:11-13). I want to be among those who rejoice and are glad no matter what days may come, because "the bride has made herself ready" (Revelation 19:7). I don't want to fear man or fear events. I want to fear God alone with honor, respect, and trusting faith -- believing Your promises and believing that You are good and You are love and You will be with me through all that is yet to come. "The fear of others lays a snare, but one who trusts in the Lord is secure" (Proverbs29:25). Lord God Almighty, loving Savior, and trusted Friend, form the steadfast substance of Your faith in me now so that my faith will not waver in the days yet unseen. "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might; He has become my salvation" (Isaiah 12:2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night 5/15, on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Brooke and Shannon Barrett will be leading us in worship, while Laura Beach and I lead us in prayer. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary (www.CentenaryLex.com). All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com-- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org