Monday, May 11, 2009

"Up with a Shout" 5-11-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. You are one God, revealing Yourself to us in three Persons. I worship You and welcome You to reveal Your will for my day in the way You choose. ... "Clap your hands, all you peoples; shout to God with loud songs of joy. For the Lord, the Most High, is awesome, a great King over all the earth.... God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm. God is King over the nations; God sits on His holy throne" (Psalm 47:1-8). I will clap and shout and sing loud songs of joy, for the Lord my God is awesome and worthy of all my praise. I will shout my praises to my King, the King of all the earth. Lord Jesus, You are the "King of kings and Lord of lords" (Revelation 19:16). "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to (You)" (Matthew 28:18). You rule and reign over all. And I shout with all the angels and all the "great multitude, like the sound of many waters," praising, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns!" (Revelation 19:6). Though the kings of the nations of the earth may plot and conspire to build the kingdoms of this world and set themselves against Your authority, they "plot in vain" (Psalm 2:1). They may seem to be in control, setting up their order to have their way; but "He who sits in the heavens laughs....saying, "I have set My King on Zion, My holy hill" (Psalm 2:4-6). Though they think they are in power and assert the authority they have in the season You've allowed, they will one day bow their knees before the One who is eternally King, confessing the absolute truth that Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, that He is Lord of all (Philippians 2:9-11). Lord God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, You sit on Your holy throne. You are exalted and enthroned on the praises of Your people (Psalm 22:3). And as I praise You, shouting my praises to Your name, I shout down the kings of this world and "every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God" (2 Corinthians 10:5). "Now, therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, with trembling kiss His feet, or He will be angry, and you will perish in the way; for His wrath is quickly kindled. Happy are all who take refuge in Him" (Psalm 2:10-11). O Lord, my God, You are awesome. You are the everlasting God and eternal "King of all the earth" (Psalm 47:7). You go up with a shout of my praises to You. You are Lord of all my life; and I take refuge in Your rule and reign, my King. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we have a special guest from Israel coming to The Mountain this Monday Night, May 11, to speak on current issues and lead us in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem and the people of the land of Israel. Please come join us. Come to the Mountain! every Monday night at 7 pm to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray of our ministry. Hosted at Southland Evangelical Methodist Church 2601 Clays Mill Rd (corner of Clays Mill and Hill n' Dale). Contact Doris & Bob at bndmccray@windstream.net All are welcome! Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary (www.CentenaryLex.com). All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 or send a note to Marilyn at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org