Thursday, May 21, 2009

Troubled Waters 5-21-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I steady the mind, will, and emotions of my soul in the quietness of contemplative prayer, as my spirit rises into communion with Yours. ... "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had" (John 5:4, KJV). As I wait in the silence before You in prayer this morning, You seem to bring to mind the words, "troubled waters." At first it makes me think of troubles -- relational conflicts, bills to pay, deadlines to meet, and so on. But as I find a reference in Your written Word to help me understand and discern Your spoken word, the only passage I find speaks of troubled waters in a positive way. When the angel troubled the waters, the people were healed. There was "a certain season" when healing came out of troubles. It seems I hear You saying to me, "My son, do you not think I can bring healing out of all Your troubles? Do you not know that I am the Redeemer of all things? You don't have to try to find a way to build a bridge over these troubled waters; you can walk with Me through them, if You will hold on to My hand and walk where I lead." Yes, Lord. I know You never waste a moment of my suffering or miss an opportunity for my growth. Even when the waters of my soul are troubled, I know You are there through that season too. You give me grace to sense Your presence even closer and grip Your hand even tighter, as You lead me through. So trouble what needs to be troubled, shake what needs to be shaken (Hebrews 12:27). My hope and trust is in You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, let's be in agreement in prayer for one another through whatever troubled times we are facing. In my own life and the lives of many around me, there is great trouble in marriages and families. No matter whether it's an attack from the enemy of our souls or a pruning from the Father of the vineyard, we know the Lord will redeem it all, as we entrust ourselves to Him. God bless you and thank you for walking with me through the journey! If you're in the Austin, Texas area, please come to our Healing Conference, May 28-30 at Covenant United Methodist Church in Austin, TX that I'll be leading with Dan Van Nice. I'll be ministering on inner healing and Dan will be ministering on physical healing Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. RSVP required (512) 673-2652 oremail Giana: servantsofthemosthighGod@gmail.com A flyer is attached. Please come and spread the word! Friends, please come join us for the Aldersgate'09 Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5. I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year in Greesboro, NC, preaching the Friday Night message on Healing and also teaching equipping sessions on prayer ministry: http://www.aldersgate09.org/conference-info/keynote-speakers.html Please register on-line now and spread the word! Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. --Matthew 11:28 Women of faith---You are invited to day retreats of spiritual refreshment! These are occurring every month this year and they are beautiful days of renewal and healing led by Laura Beach, Equipping Lydia, in association with Messiah Ministries. Upcoming retreats will be May 26 or 27 in Bryantsville, Kentucky with the focus on “Entering the Rest of Jesus.” Then, there will be a retreat on May 30th in Cartersville, Virginia with the focus on our spiritual “Thirst.” Contact Laura Beach at LauraBBeach@insightbb.com for more details and a list of all the spiritual refreshment dates for 2009. Please share this invitation with any women of faith who may need a day of spiritual renewal and restoration. Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org