Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Warfare Prayer 5-5-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world (John 1:29); and You are also the Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Revelations 5:5). You are the Lamb who was slain and opened not Your mouth at the injustice (Isaiah 53:7); and You are also the King of kings and Lord of Lord, returning from heaven on a white horse, with eyes like a flame of fire, a robe dipped in blood, who judges and makes war, treading the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God (Revelation 19:11-16). I want to know You and worship You in every dimension of Your Being with every dimension of my being. ... "He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.... I pursued my enemies and overtook them; and did not turn back until they were consumed. I struck them down, so that they were not able to rise; they fell under my feet. For You girded me with strength for the battle ..." (Psalm 18:34-39). I went to bed last night, peaceful and content. Yet I awoke early this morning, trembling with a fierceness of Spirit. You brought to my mind the young daughter of some friends with such a tender heart, full of love and faith for You, who's been tormented with pain in her head and body for weeks. And I felt You stirring in me to go to war in the heavenly realm at Your leading and command. I wrote out my prayer of warfare as I prayed it, until the burden lifted; then I sent it to her parents, my friends. As I come to You in prayer this morning, I sense I am to share this prayer with others who might desire to use it as a plan of war for those they love, in the Spirit of intercession and spiritual warfare, as You lead. To keep her privacy, I feel I should change the name of my friends' daughter in my prayer to "Tabitha", named after the woman of love and faith Your disciples raised from the dead by Your power in the Book of Acts (Acts 9:36-41). Here is my Warfare Prayer for Tabitha, which I believe You led me to pray by Your Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus to the glory of our Father. Lord, would You magnify this out, as far as Your grace will go, for all those who need Your answer and Your power in their time of need, as we agree together in prayer: Lord God Almighty, You are the perfect Father, and I feel such a righteous, violent anger and wrath against the spiritual forces of wickedness and evil trying to steal the peace and mind of this precious, anointed, and chosen child of God, Tabitha. And I stand against this evil and war against it in the name of Jesus. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:10-18). By the grace of God and in the name of Jesus, I stand firm against the wiles of the devil, every spiritual force of evil, and every satanic plan against Tabitha and her calling and destiny in Christ. The Lord my God has awakened me and I am alert, persevering in supplication for Tabitha, a saint of God through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth who came in the flesh and who has defeated Satan and all the kingdom of darkness by the victory of His cross and glory of His resurrection. I do not come in my own righteousness but in the righteousness and the name of the One who is righteous and holy and victorious. And by God's grace and in submission to His perfect will and timing, I take up the weapons of my warfare, in agreement with all who are called by God to take this stand with me for Tabitha and her family, to bind every attack against Tabitha's mind, spirit, and body. I command in the name of Jesus that every grip around her brain and body be broken and every tormenting spirit be bound and broken from her in the name of Jesus, consumed in the fire of the Holy Spirit. "Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards; for the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ. We are ready to punish every disobedience when your obedience is complete" (2 Corinthians 10:3-6). By these weapons of prayer and the name of Jesus and the Word of God and the blood of Jesus and prophetic intercession led by the Holy Spirit to pray the kingdom of God to come and the will of God to be done on earth and in Tabitha as it is in heaven, I destroy these strongholds in agreement with the divine power of God. I agree with God's punishment of every disobedient spirit and act of defiance against the will of God in Tabitha's life. God's will is that she be free from this torment, that she be at peace, that she be healed of every disease and freed from every satanic attack. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits -- who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord works vindication and justice for all who are oppressed" (Psalm 103:2-6). I agree with the wrath of God, punishing this wickedness and evil, that seeks to harm this child of God. I agree with the fury being unleashed against it from heaven in the fire of the Holy Spirit, consuming every act of rebellion and torment against this child. "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth" (Romans 1:18). I thank You, Lord God Almighty, that You have defeated the enemy's attacks and I stand in agreement with Your victory and power to crush this demonic strategy. Tabitha stands in You and You stand in her, over the enemy of her soul which You have crushed under her feet and mine in the name of Jesus. "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you" (Romans 16:20). Now, Lord God Almighty, come as a mighty warrior and unleash Your unrelenting wrath and fury against every spirit that dares to defy You and Your will of peace and healing and freedom for Tabitha. Your judgments are righteous and just and true. Consume Your enemy and break its power, as You heal Tabitha and set her free from this torment, healing her spirit, soul, and body through and through, restoring her and her gifts of wisdom, creativity, boldness, prophecy, evangelism, courageous writing, and faith. "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies. The cords of death encompassed me; the torrents of perdition assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations also of the mountains trembled and quaked, because he was angry. Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him. He bowed the heavens, and came down; thick darkness was under his feet. He rode on a cherub, and flew; he came swiftly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness his covering around him, his canopy thick clouds dark with water. Out of the brightness before him there broke through his clouds hailstones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Most High uttered his voice. And he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; he flashed forth lightnings, and routed them. Then the channels of the sea were seen, and the foundations of the world were laid bare at your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils. He reached down from on high, he took me; he drew me out of mighty waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me; for they were too mighty for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity; but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me" (Psalm 18:1-19). Yes, Lord God Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, my Father and Tabitha's Father, (her parents') Father, this is what I have been feeling as I trembled and shook in prayer and intercession for Tabitha throughout this watch of the night. You are coming in power and might against this wicked and evil enemy of Your child. You are answering every prayer that been prayed for her healing and freedom. It is done in heaven and is being done on earth as it is already done in heaven. We will see Your victory and we thank You now for it. We thank You for the healing and peace that will come in the natural realm as it already has in the spiritual realm. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 1:3). Thank You, Lord God Almighty, our Healer and Deliverer, our Lord and Savior, who hears us when we cry and answers all who call on the name of the Lord. Redeem all that has happened, turn it all around against the enemy, as You increase Your authority and Your blessing upon Your child. May You bring forth a hundredfold and more for Your kingdom and Your glory from everything the enemy has tried to steal and destroy from Tabitha and her family, to the glory of Your name. "Jesus said, 'Truly I tell you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields, for my sake and for the sake of the good news, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this age--houses, brothers and sisters, mothers and children, and fields, with persecutions--and in the age to come eternal life" (Mark 10:29-30). Our God reigns! And I know You will be faithful to bring to completion all You have begun, in Your perfect timing and in Your perfect way. And by Your grace, I commit to stand in agreement with You and Your will, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, in persevering faith, until all that You have prayed through me comes to pass. "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:26-28). With all those who are praying for Tabitha, I thank You now, my Lord and my God, for Your answers to our prayers. "Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them" (Matthew 18:18-20). Thank You, Lord, for Your peace as I entrust Tabitha and her family into Your nail-scared hands. Thank You that I sense Your burden of intercession lifting for now, as I rest in the victory of the cross and power of the blood of Jesus. "This very day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head; and I will give the dead bodies of the Philistine army this very day to the birds of the air and to the wild animals of the earth, so that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that the Lord does not save by sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s and he will give you into our hand" (1 Samuel 17:46-47). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I believe there are many different facets to prayer, and spiritual warfare as led by the Holy Spirit is one. As the Lord would ever lead you to pray this prayer in whatever form or way the Holy Spirit may lead, I agree with you in Jesus' name. Please agree with me for breakthrough in the life of my friends' little girl; and I agree with you for breakthrough in the lives of those who are on your heart in prayer. God bless you! If you're in the Lexington area, please come join us for the National Day of Prayer at 6:30 pm Thursday Night May 7th at my home church, Centenary United Methodist, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, KY (http://www.centenarylex.com/). I will be helping lead our ecumenical gathering, jointly hosted with our neighbor churches, Immanuel Baptist Church and Tates Creek Christian Church. Please come and spread the word. (I mistakenly said 7pm in previous notes). Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: http://www.shop.messiah-ministries.org/ Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --mailto:--MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502