Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Word Made Fresh 5-19-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'll be silent now, as You speak. I'll follow now, as You lead. ... Lord I hear You call my name Lord I hear You are the same Lord I'm listening I'm not missing Any word You have to say Lord speak to me Lord reach out to me Lord I'm listening I'm not missing Any word You have to say ... "My sheep hear My voice. I know them, and they follow Me" (John 10:27). Lord Jesus, I do know You; and You know me. I am one of Your sheep; and You are my Great Shepherd. By the mercy of Your grace, I do hear Your voice; I do follow You. And I want to hear Your voice more clearly, more specifically in all the ways You choose to speak to me. I want to be listening, never missing any word You have to say. Your words "are spirit and life" (John 6:63). And I want to hear them, obey them, and be changed by them. As I open the ears of my spirit to You, "only speak the word" and I will be changed (Matthew 8:8). You are "the Word made flesh" (John 1:14, KJV). And You are the Word made fresh every moment of every day, as You speak Your words of spirit and life into my spirit and my life. So what could be more important than growing in knowing You, hearing Your voice, and following You? It seems I hear You say, "My son, take hold of My hand with your heart. As you keep your heart open to Me, I fill your heart with My desires and lead your steps in My ways. It is a journey; it is a process. Your part is to keep your heart open to Me. My part is to keep changing your heart, a little more each day." Yes, Lord. "You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.... Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:5-10). As I open my heart and listen for Your voice, I take hold of Your hand. And You keep taking hold of me. "My sheep hear My voice. I know them and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27-28). Thank You, Lord, for Your word made fresh to me and in me today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays If you're in the Austin, Texas area, please come to our Healing Conference, May 28-30 at Covenant United Methodist Church in Austin, TX that I'll be leading with Dan Van Nice. I'll be ministering on inner healing and Dan will be ministering on physical healing Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. RSVP required (512) 673-2652 oremail Giana: servantsofthemosthighGod@gmail.com A flyer is attached. Please come and spread the word! Friends, please come join us for the Aldersgate'09 Conference on Spirit-filled Living this summer, July 1-5. I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year in Greesboro, NC, preaching the Friday Night message on Healing and also teaching equipping sessions on prayer ministry: http://www.aldersgate09.org/conference-info/keynote-speakers.html Please register on-line now and spread the word! Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org