Friday, June 15, 2012

"My Shepherd" - June 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Arise, O Lord. Lift my eyes, O Lord. Be my strength and my vision, my God and my Friend. ...

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;

He leads me in the paths of righteousness

For His name's sake.


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil;

For You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

You anoint my head with oil;

My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

All the days of my life;

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord

Forever" (Psalm 23:1-6, KJV).


Last night, we gathered for worship, prayer, and the strengthening of our faith in a weekly meeting of Christian community at a shepherd's home on their sheep ranch west of Brady, Texas. In Your Presence and in the presence of one another, You led us beside Your still waters and down Your paths of righteousness; You drew us into a deep place of intimate rest in Your Spirit and restored our souls. You were our Shepherd.


Lord, thank You for gatherings like this of the Body of Christ, coming together in authentic relationship and hungering faith to expect and encounter the Presence of the Living God. Thank You for the freedom of expression and worship, unhindered by formalities and rules, that focus on relationship rather than religion, and on You rather than ourselves.


For centuries, Your Word has given us this very guidance for our worship and fellowship together: "What should be done then, my friends? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up" (1 Corinthians 14:26).


Your Spirit is building us up. Our Father is preparing a Bride for His Son-the Body of Christ, growing up together in bonds of trust and love, encouraging and comforting one another. In the green pastures of authentic relationship, in whatever form You provide in every season of our lives, we seek to follow You, the Good Shepherd who renews and restores our souls. When we find this place, we shall not want. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, sorry that I haven't sent out my morning prayer in several days. Monday night, I became very ill. Sylvia and I have been battling some type of sickness and have had to rest for three days. Thank you for all who got the word through our prayer team and were praying. We feel so much better now. Praise God! We were able to make to our meeting at the ranch last night and now we can really look forward to our ministry this weekend. Please keep praying for us and we pray the Lord's protection and provison for you.


If you're in the central Texas area, please come join us for our Spiritual Gifts teaching and ministry with Brady Community Church June 15-16. We'll also be teaching in Austin at Covenant United Methodist, joined by Northwest Hill United Methdodist, June 25-26. Then we'll be ministering in Claremore, Oklahoma June 28-29 at the House of Prayer and a healing service at the United Methodist Church. We'll likely also have a few other events along the ay this month as the Holy Spirit leads us moment by moment on our Texas mission. Please pray for us and come join us when you can! Upcoming Messiah Ministries Events with Tommy & Sylvia Hays