Wednesday, September 05, 2012

"Seek First the Kingdom" - September 5

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords; You are my King and my Lord. Rule and reign in my heart and life today. ...


"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).


Before I seek my breakfast, I want to seek Your kingdom. Before I seek my car keys, I want to seek Your kingdom. Before I seek to take care of my needs and fulfill my desires, I want to seek Your kingdom. As I do, You bring me into Your righteousness - right relationship with God, right relationship with others, right relationship within myself.


To the degree that I entrust myself to You, seeking You and Your will above all else, Your kingdom comes and Your will is done. For Your kingdom is within me (Luke 17:21). Your kingdom of the dominion of the King; and everywhere I yield to and embrace Your dominion in my heart and life is the kingdom of God within me. It is my "Father's good pleasure to give (me) the kingdom" (Luke 12:32).


So I lift up my eyes and open up my heart, that the King of the kingdom of God may come in. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I bow down to Your will and hail You as my King in every area of my life. Change my heart and what I desire; change my mind and how I think, to make me more like You today. You are my King and I seek to seek You first. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502