Thursday, February 26, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 26 - When to Speak and When to Be Silent

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I entrust my life and this day into Your hands.  ...

"But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. For you do not go in yourselves, and when others are going in, you stop them. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves (Matthew 23:13-15).

Make me more like You, Lord Jesus. Give me a fierce love for people, but a true love that does not compromise with truth or cower before those who criticize Your message and ministry of the kingdom of heaven. Lead me by Your Holy Spirit to hear the heart of my Father to know when to be silent and when to speak, when to let it go and when to take a stand. "But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15).

You said, "I must be about My Father's business" (Luke 2:49 NKJV). And so must I. And as You showed us, sometimes the Father's business includes being silent as a lamb led to the slaughter that "opened not his mouth" (Isaiah 53:7). And sometimes the Father's business includes responding with truth in love to those who wrongfully accuse the heart of Your ministry (Matthew 12:25-32).

So help me always humble myself to seek Your face and listen for Your voice. Even if there are those who do not believe You speak to us, heal us, free us, and even move in the power of Your love with Your gifts through us today, I do. And I must be true to the calling I believe You've entrusted to me. As You taught, give me grace to pray for those who persecute me, to bless those who curse me, and even love those who hate me" -- even if they think they are doing it in the name of God (Matthew 5:44). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend I pray that in humility before the Lord to listen for His leading, you will know when to speak and when to be silent, as you follow our model of Jesus, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
      

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!