Monday, October 19, 2015

Morning by Moring, October 19 - "Sow to the Spirit"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice to begin my day pursuing Your presence.  ... "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow. If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit. So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up" (Galatians 6:7-9). Like a farmer sowing seeds in his field, what we sow is what we will harvest. Cactus seeds don't grow up into apples and apples don't grow up into cactus. What we sow today determines what we'll reap at harvest. Lord, give me wisdom to sow good seeds today. Give me a heart to sow to the Spirit and not to the flesh. Let me sow words of spirit and life through the words I speak and sow thoughts of expecting good things in the thoughts I think. Let me sow into my spiritual life, spending some time in the Word of God and devoting some time to seeking the presence of God. Let me sow into the lives of those around me through my time and my prayers and all You've entrusted to me. There will come a time of harvest for all that's been sown. And I want my harvest to be good. I want my harvest to matter. I'd rather eat apples than cactus (though my wife loves her nopalitos con huevos, but without all the cactus needles). And I'd rather live in the peace of mind and the expectancy of heart that I didn't just squander away every seed of opportunity I had to make an eternal difference in the fields entrusted to me during my time on this earth. "For all of us must appear before the judgment seat of Christ so that each may receive recompense for what has been done in the body, whether good or evil" (2 Corinthians 5:10).  By grace we are saved through faith -- "it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8). And at the same time, You invite us to live out our grace every day, to live out our faith every day, as You increasingly move in our hearts with Your desires, growing us up into maturity in Christ (Philippians 2:13). We've been given much; and to whom much has been given, much is expected (Luke 12:48). "On the day of judgment (we) will all have to give an account for every careless word (we) utter; for by (our) words (we) will be justified, and by (our) words (we) will be condemned" (Matthew 12:36-37). "So then, each of us will be accountable to God" (Romans 14:12). So give me a harvest perspective. Give me an eternal perspective. And from that perspective, give me a heart to sow to the Spirit every chance I get through every opportunity You give. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Tommy,  I pray you will reap a great harvest by the grace of God through all you allow His Spirit to do through your life this day and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
    



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!