Thursday, October 22, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 22 - "The Soul that Seeks Him"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I start this day speaking out Your name and lifting up Your praise.  ...
 
"'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:24-25).
 
I seek You with all my soul. In these early moments of every morning, You draw me into my prayer chair and invite me up into the heavenly place You've prepared for me (Ephesians 2:6). You quiet my thoughts and direct my attention to seek Your face, to embrace Your presence, and hear Your voice (John 10:3). You're a God who longs to be sought out and pursued as the Source of our strength and hope by those You've created in love (Isaiah 65:1).
 
Morning by morning, You remind me that You are good, as I experience Your goodness and the security of Your embrace in the communion of prayer to begin my day. You are good to me and it's good to take some time to intentionally, deliberately wait on You and seek Your face. "As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; when I awake I shall be satisfied, beholding Your likeness" (Psalm 17:14). "'Come,' my heart says, 'seek His face!' Your face, Lord, do I seek" (Psalm 27:8).
 
You are my portion, and my hope is in You. And now, after this time of pursuing Your presence, I feel strengthened in spirit, more confident in Christ, to go out into my day to overcome whatever comes my way. In a deeply personal and practical way, You've allowed me, once again, to experience "the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit" (2 Corinthians 13:13). "Such is the company of those who seek (You), who seek the face of the God of Jacob" (Psalm 24:5). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

pray you be drawn by the Holy Spirit to take some time to seek the Lord and pursue His presence every day, being strengthened and encouraged by the One who is your Hope, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
         



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!