Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 28 - First Things First
Good morning, Lord Jesus. First things first. And You're the first thing I want to think about, the first name I want to speak out, as I begin the journey of this new day.  ...
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:33 NKJV).
The first step is often the hardest, but often the most important. It's hard to finish well when you don't begin well. It's easier to stay the course than change the course. And momentum builds with consistency.
So I don't want to begin my day filling my mind with bad news and negative thoughts. I don't want to start down the path of worrying about what's wrong with the world or wrestling with what's wrong with me right off the bat and just out of the chute. There will be plenty of time to keep it real soon enough. "Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (v. 6:34).
No. Before I open myself up to the world, I want to first open myself up to my God. Before I get consumed in my concerns, I want to first be consumed by my Creator. You're my first love (Revelation 2:4). And I want to honor You by offering You the "first fruits" of my focus, the first word from my mouth, the first moments of my day, the first thoughts of my mind, the first desires of my heart -- my first and my best of all that I am and all that I have (Exodus 23:19).
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to seek You first. As I seek You and Your righteousness, You're setting things right within me. Your Spirit is going before me into every moment of my day so that all I need will be added to me. "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him" (Isaiah 64:4). Here I am to worship and wait in this holy communion of prayer as my offering to You of the first moments of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will awakened by the Holy Spirit to look up to Jesus in the embrace of our Father to begin each day offering Your first love and first fruits of your day to our God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
         


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!