Monday, October 26, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 26 - "Be of the Same Mind"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look and listen; I watch and wait, as begin my day focused on You.  ...
 
"If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete:  be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.... Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:1-5).
 
Lord Jesus, help me think more like You think. I want to be of the same mind and the same love because I'm with the same Spirit that fills Your heart. Let Your compassion and Your joy fill my soul.
 
Let my words and my actions be an encouragement and comfort, speaking the truth in love but also living the truth in love. Give me the humility of heart and motivation of love to "look not to (my) own interests, but to the interest of others," just has You have modeled for me (Philippians 2:4).
Let it be Your name that's lifted up through my life today (Philippians 2:9). 
In humility, I have to admit Your ways are not my ways and Your thoughts are not my thoughts, "for as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are (Your) ways higher than (my) ways and (Your) thoughts than (my) thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).  But also in faith, I have to embrace Your invitation to seek more and come up higher in my thoughts and my ways, by the power of Your Spirit at work within me, to "let the same mind be in (me) that was in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5).
So I desperately need You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, to fill my spirit with Your Spirit. I passionately desire for You to make me more like You each day. That's a measure of the same mind You're giving me and the same desire You're stirring up within me. And by the grace of God, "I am confident of this, that the One who began a good work (in me) will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will grow in the image of Christ each day by the Spirit of Christ at work in you, putting His thoughts in your mind and His desires in your heart, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
        


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!