Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 6 - "Nothing but Joy"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ... "My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:2-4). There's not anointing for maturity. Spiritual maturity is not a spiritual gift. Emotional maturity is not a feeling we can muster up. Just as physical maturity comes with time, we must grow up into maturity -- time-tested and trial-tested. So as the trials come, teach me, as You empower me, to face them with joy and to endure them with grace. Let me "not be surprised" through the testing and trials "as though something strange were happening to (me)" (1 Peter 4:12). But let me embrace You through every one of them and even thank You through every one of them -- thanking You that You're with me and thanking You that You're using every moment to make me more like You.  "In this (I) rejoice, even if now for a little while (I) have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of (my) faith -- being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed" (1 Peter 1:6-7). As I endure and mature through every trial, may more of Christ be revealed in me, while You continue to conform me into the image of the Son of God and You continue to confirm to me my identity as the son of God that I am in You (Romans 8:29). My heart and my inheritance may be tested by fire today or any day. But because I know my heart is in Your hands, my life is in good hands, as You cause every trial to work together for my good (Romans 8:28). The will of Your heart is to make me "mature and complete, lacking in nothing." That's what gives me the faith and hope, the courage and conviction, to endure as I mature. That's how, in Your power and love, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I can consider it all "nothing but joy." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be empowered by the love and grace of God to mature as you endure any trial you may face, counting it all nothing but joy, in Jesus' name. Through every moment, may you always know that He is with you and you are in good hands and God's heart. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!