Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 20 - Hear the Words of God
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me hear what's on Your heart, so what's on Yours can be on mine.  ... "Whoever is from God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not from God" (John 8:47). Lord, in these moments of silence in surrender to You, help me quiet my spirit so I can be led by Your Spirit. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). Help me listen so it's Your voice I hear. You said, "(My) sheep hear (My) voice.... I am the Good Shepherd. I know My own and My own know Me" (John 10:3-14). I'm a child of God, growing in the depth of my relationship with God. I'm one of Your sheep and You're my Good Shepherd. I don't want to just read about You, I want to know You. I don't want to just talk to You, I also want to listen to You. I don't want to just hear about You and what You did a long time ago, I also want to hear You now and experience what You're actively doing in my life today.  Your Word says, "In Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). I want to live and move and have my being in You in a living, vital, active, intimate, passionately personal relationship every day. So open the eyes and the ears of my heart (Ephesians 1:18). Here in the silence of surrender before You, help me hear what Your saying, see what You're doing, and sense Your presence and every way You choose to reveal Yourself to me in these moments.  ... As I listen, it seem I hear Your words in my heart:  "As You seek Me, you will find Me. As You listen, you will hear Me." Yes, Lord, I'm seeking. I'm listening.  ... "I'm stretching you to seek even more deeply. The peace you feel in your heart, the sense of the thickness of My presence embracing you like a hug is My Spirit embracing your spirit, My Spirit in communion with your spirit." Yes, Lord. I receive Your embrace. Hold me in Your embrace and fill me with Your Spirit. I rest in You. This feels to me like "the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit" (2 Corinthians 13:13).  ... "My son, I am strengthening you in your spirit. I am preparing you in My presence. I'm reminding you of what it feels like to know that I am with you, I'll always be with you, I'll never forsake you, I'm always for you. You never have to question My presence. You never have to doubt My heart. No matter what challenges may come, I've already gone before you and I will always go through them with you. I am the Lord, your God. I am your Rock and Refuge. I am your Good Shepherd. I am your Father and your Best Friend. I Am That I Am. And I Am always with you and every one of My children." Yes, Lord. You always have been. And I know You always will be. You are "the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). You are the God of grace and peace "who is and who was and who is to come" (Revelation 1:4). And You are God who always says, "Fear not, for I Am with you" (Isaiah 43:5, NKJV). Thank You for speaking deeply to my heart and embracing me tightly in the arms of Your Spirit today. It feels good to take time to notice Your ever-abiding presence. As the old hymn says, it gives me "strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow ... Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord to me." And as Your son and my friend Max likes to say, "The God who spoke still speaks, the God who forgave still forgives, and the God who came still comes." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you hear the words of God today and experience the depths of His ever-abiding presence with you and within you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
     



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!