Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 22 - "This is My Body ... This is My Blood"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I join You on the journey to the cross.  ...
 
"So the disciples did as Jesus directed them, and they prepared the Passover meal.... While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it He broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, 'Take, eat; this is My body.' Then He took a cup, and after giving thanks He gave it to them, saying, 'Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will never again drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom'" (Matthew 26:19-29).
 
You are our Passover Meal. You are our Passover Lamb. You are our Passover Promise. You offered Your body and Your blood in Your mercy and Your love that the sin and death might pass over us. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set (us) free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do:  by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according the Spirit" (Roman 8:1-4).
 
"As often as (we) eat this bread and drink the cup, (we) proclaim the Lord's death until He comes" (1 Corinthians 11:26). And in proclaiming the death of the One who willingly chose to offer His body and blood on the sacrifice of the cross, we also proclaim the resurrection of the One who defeated sin and death, once for all, for all who put their faith and find their life in Him alone. "For if we have been united with Him in a death like His, we will certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His. We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For whoever died is freed from sin. But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over Him. The death He died, He died to sin, once for all; but the life He lives, He lives to God. So (we) also must consider (ourselves) dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:5-11).
 
As I remember Your Last Supper and all that it means through all that You've done, I embrace the communion of Your body and Your blood in the communion of Your Spirit now living in me. "The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a sharing in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, it is not a sharing in the body of Christ?" (1 Corinthians 10:16). 
 
You continue to make Yourself "known to (me) in the breaking of the bread" (Luke 24:35). And the more You make Yourself known to me, the more I want to be one with You, for "anyone united to the Lord become one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will share in the body and blood of Christ through the resurrection of His Life and the communion of His Spirit living in you, as sin and death pass over you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
          
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!