Friday, October 14, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 14 - Chosen, Holy, and Beloved -- Clothed in Christ
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear Your voice, Good Shepherd of my soul, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.... Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful... And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him" (Colossians 3:12-17).
 
I'm chosen by God to be like Jesus. I'm called to live my life each day with the perspective and attitude that I'm doing "everything in the name of the Lord Jesus" while Your Spirit is at work doing everything to form the nature of the Lord Jesus in me. And I can only clothe myself in things like compassion and kindness and humility and meekness and patience and love to the degree that I willingly choose to be clothed with Christ (Galatians 3:27; Romans 13:14).
 
Some days I don't feel like one of "God's chosen ones," just like some days I don't feel very "holy" or even "beloved." But I am, by the grace of God, whether I feel like it or not. By grace, through faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I'm sealed and secure in my eternal identity and destiny in the family of my God as part of "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that (I) may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called (me) out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9).
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Clothe me with nature of Christ today. "As He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you trust and believe that by the grace of God you are chosen, holy, and beloved, clothed in Christ, displaying His glory and His nature through you life today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!