Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 30 - Seeing the Father in the Eyes of Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today. ...
 
"Philip said to Him, 'Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.' Jesus said to him, 'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know Me? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? ... Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me'" (John 14:8-11)
 
Lord Jesus, You have Your Father's eyes. You have Your Father's heart. You and Your Father are One (John 10:30). You are "the exact Imprint of God's very Being" (Hebrews 1:3). You are "the Image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15). And in You, "all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell" (Colossians 1:19).
 
Everything You did on this earth was to reveal the Father heart of God. The words You spoke, the things You did, the way You were, all revealed the heart of the invisible God in the flesh -- Immanuel, God with us (Matthew 1:23). As You said to Philip, to see You is to see the Father. And You were helping him understand how important it is to know You in order to know the Father when You said to him, "No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).
 
My Father God, AbbaFather, I come to You through Jesus Your Son. --the "Son of God" because He perfectly expresses and reveals the nature of God (Mark 1:1; Matthew 16:16). I come to You as I behold Jesus, as I see Your love in His eyes and Your voice in His words. In the mystery of faith and the nature of Your Being, You help my human mind begin to conceive the image of an invisible God by seeing You in the image of Christ. That's part of what it means to come to the Father through Jesus the Son (John 14:6).
 
Father, not only do You invite me to see You in the nature of Jesus, You also invite me to welcome You into my heart by Your Spirit. As You explained to Philip and the disciples through the words of Jesus, "This is the Spirit of truth, Whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. You know Him, because He abides with you, and He will be in you... On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you" (John 14:17-20).
 
Lord God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- abide in me as I abide in You (John 15:4). Help me know You more deeply, more fully, more intimately every day in every dimension of Your Being. Along with the Apostle Paul, "I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give (me) a spirit of wisdom and revelation as (I) come to know (You), so that, with the eyes of (my) heart enlightened, (I) may know what is the hope to which (You) have called (me)..." (Ephesians 1:17-19). "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 John 5:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you see your Heavenly Father in the eyes of Jesus as you come to the Father through Jesus His Son, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!