Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 16 - Strengthened in the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In response to Your invitation and grace, I enter in to the holy of holies of Your Presence, here in the communion of worship and prayer, to begin my day with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God" (1 Samuel 30:6).
 
How do I strengthen myself in You, Lord?  ...
 
As I listen for Your leading, I believe I hear You speaking in my heart:  "By the power of My grace, you strengthen yourself in Me when you humble yourself before Me. When you are weak in Me, then I am strong in you. When you willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon Me alone, I rise up in you to encourage you and empower you, to lead and guide you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness and when you humble yourself in My sight, I lift you up." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word comes to mind:  "He gives more grace. Therefore He says:  'God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.' Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:6-10 NKJV). "He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness'" (2 Corinthians 12:8).
 
I strengthen myself in You when I allow You to make me strong, when I allow You to be my Strength. Then You make me strong to face the day, to resist the devil, and to live into my destiny in You -- as best as I can and all by the power of Your grace.
 
So now, as I get up from prayer chair and step out of my prayer closet into my day, I am "strong in the Lord and in the power of (Your) might!" (Ephesians 6:10 NKJV) "You have armed me with strength for the battle!" (Psalm 18:39) "Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle; my Rock and my Fortress, my Stronghold and my Deliverer, my Shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues the peoples under me! ... Happy are the people to whom such blessings fall; happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" (Psalm 144:1-15) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you strengthen yourself in the Lord today by the power of His grace in you -- strong in Him to face the day, resist the devil, and live into the fullness of your destiny in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!