Thursday, July 18, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 18 - Rejoice. Be Patient. Persevere.
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Be King of all I'm entrusting to Your care. Be Lord of all I'm submitting to Your authority. Rule and reign over my life today. ...
 
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer" (Romans 12:12).
 
Your Word is the answer for every question I have. Your will is the way through every need for wisdom and discernment I have. And Your Word reveals Your will. So let Your Word penetrate my heart, my questions, and my needs. It will not return empty; It never comes up short; but "It will accomplish that which (You) purpose, and succeed in the thing for which (You) sent it" (Isaiah 55:11). For with Your Word comes all the grace and faith I need to see it come to pass, as I take hold of Your Word and trust in You.
 
Rejoice. Be patient. Persevere. When I need hope, You call me to rejoice. When I'm suffering, You call me to be patient. When I'm wavering in what seems like unanswered prayer, You call me to persevere. Your Word never calls me to sit back in passivity or wallow in self-pity or allow my soul to sink into miry bog of hopeless despair. 
 
No. Ours is not a passive faith, but an active faith -- where I'm actively, intentionally, deliberately choosing to hope, choosing to be patient, choosing to persevere. Just like "the Word of God (that's) living and powerful" (Hebrews 4:12 NKJV). So may I be not only a "hearer" of the Word, but also a "doer" of the Word -- "not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work," knowing "this one is blessed in what he does" (James 1:22-25 NKJV). May I be one who hears and does, who trusts and acts, who believes and perseveres, "to contend for the faith" by the power of Your grace at work within me (Jude 3). "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
And I believe it pleases You when I persevere in prayer, when I'm patient in suffering, and when I rejoice in hope. It pleases You to empower me to be an overcomer in You. "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith!" (1 John 5:4 NKJV) My faith and hope is in You and Your Word for me, my Lord! Let Your Word come alive in me with all the faith I need to believe It and to live into It this day! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering and persevere in prayer, trusting in God and His Word for you, overcoming all you face in the power of His grace, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!