Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Morning by Morning, July 23 - Finish the Fire
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Hope, and in You no harm will have its way and no hindrance will have the last say. ...
 
"Though the Lord may give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:20-21).
 
Through adversity and affliction, through changes and challenges, through the Refiner's Fire of everything I've faced, everything I'm facing, and everything I have yet to face, You are with me. You are for me. And if God be for me, who can stand against me? (Romans 8:31)
 
You won't waste a moment of my suffering. You won't let any opportunity to teach me Your faithfulness and Your forever worthiness of my worship and trust pass me by. Though I go "through the waters," You'll be with me; though I go "through the rivers," You'll be with me; though I go "through the fires," You'll be with me -- with me and with "everyone who is called by (Your) name, whom (You) created for (Your) glory" (Isaiah 43:1-7). None of that will have the last word. None of that will have the last say. For Your word over me is good; and the One who watches over Your word for me to perform it is God (Jeremiah 1:12).
 
So Lord, give me grace to finish the fire. Give me grace to learn from my Teacher every lesson through every season of adversity and affliction, of changes and challenges. Like a weapon forged in the fire, You're forging my faith, sharpening my discernment, and preparing me for Your purposes to come (Ephesians 2:10).
 
By the power of Your grace, I will not lose hope and I will not hold back and I will not be held up. By the power of Your grace, I will finish the fire. "In this (I) rejoice, even if now for a little while (I) have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of (my) faith -- being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed!" (1 Peter 1:6-7) 
 
Be revealed in me, Lord Jesus -- "Christ in (me), the hope of glory!" (Colossians 1:27) Make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). As I finish the fire, let Your Fire finish everything in me that's not yet like You (1 John 4:17) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you you finish the fire and come out smelling like rose, secure in confident faith and trust in the One who brought you through it all, and looking more like Jesus every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!